Search the forum,

Discuss Using silicone profiles behind taps in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

Yesterday I struggled siliconing behind taps on a bath. Normally I would think about removing the taps prior to doing this on a new install but removing both taps was not an option - they were agains the back wall.

Any tips please?

The karl dam profiles were too big. I cut another profile right down but it still gave problems.

G

grumpygrouter

Yesterday I struggled siliconing behind taps on a bath. Normally I would think about removing the taps prior to doing this on a new install but removing both taps was not an option - they were agains the back wall.

Any tips please?

The karl dam profiles were too big. I cut another profile right down but it still gave problems.
I usually end resorting to the "finger"!

B

brian c

Sometimes this happens and theres not a great deal that can be done about it..i have heard of people using lollipop sticks..cant you use your pinky or one of the VIRTEX profiles?

O

Olz

I use my finger, and in hard to reach spots this...

39643.jpg

C

Colour Republic

is it applying the sealant that was the problem? or the finish?

Edit: sorry just read your last message

F

Fred

I use lolly sticks, big ones, small ones, thin ones, fat ones, magnum ones, fab ones.......the choice is endless..............

Reply to Using silicone profiles behind taps in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen