Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Using silicone profiles behind taps in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

cornish_crofter

Yesterday I struggled siliconing behind taps on a bath. Normally I would think about removing the taps prior to doing this on a new install but removing both taps was not an option - they were agains the back wall.

Any tips please?

The karl dam profiles were too big. I cut another profile right down but it still gave problems.

G

grumpygrouter

Yesterday I struggled siliconing behind taps on a bath. Normally I would think about removing the taps prior to doing this on a new install but removing both taps was not an option - they were agains the back wall.

Any tips please?

The karl dam profiles were too big. I cut another profile right down but it still gave problems.
I usually end resorting to the "finger"!

B

brian c

Sometimes this happens and theres not a great deal that can be done about it..i have heard of people using lollipop sticks..cant you use your pinky or one of the VIRTEX profiles?

O

Olz

I use my finger, and in hard to reach spots this...

39643.jpg

C

Colour Republic

is it applying the sealant that was the problem? or the finish?

Edit: sorry just read your last message

F

Fred

I use lolly sticks, big ones, small ones, thin ones, fat ones, magnum ones, fab ones.......the choice is endless..............

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use lolly sticks, big ones, small ones, thin ones, fat ones, magnum ones, fab ones.......the choice is endless..............

Only cos you buy them ALL and scoff..........just to find a decent stick.

Fatboy :thumbsup::lol::lol:

B

brian c

Fred likes his ice lollies.:lol:

B & Q sell a similar version of the vitrex profile for around £1.50 or so..does the same job.

Last edited by a moderator:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Fred likes his ice lollies.:lol:

B & Q sell a similar version of the vitrex profile for around £1.50 or so..does the same job.

He gave up smokin............he's on 20 a day now. Ice creams that is :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Using silicone profiles behind taps in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks