Discuss Using Offcuts As An Accent Border... in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

K

KateJ

Hello! New girl here - might be tiling a little flat in Southampton.
Never tiled in my life...I have a house full of tiles, a cutter and can't wait to get started.

Thinking about an accent colour (row of mosaic/border tiles for example) could I cut some large tiles into strips and use them as a border? Is it OK to have a cut edge halfway up a wall or must they be strictly at the very top or bottom of a wall?

Kate

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Kate!
U can put cut tiles wherever u wish, they're your tiles. :)
Might be an idea to get a carbarundum stone or some carbarundum paper discs tho, that way u can smooth out any rough edges on the cut piece.
Remeber tho, cut tile edges are razor sharp, so protective gloves are a good idea when you're polishing the rough edges.

O

Old Mod

@3_fall
He is the best teacher. that you can find. he also carries out. lessons at home.
cost much. but worth it. ;)

Antonio, you will get me in trouble one day! Haha
lol-031.gif

S

Spare Tool

Hello! New girl here - might be tiling a little flat in Southampton.
Never tiled in my life...I have a house full of tiles, a cutter and can't wait to get started.

Thinking about an accent colour (row of mosaic/border tiles for example) could I cut some large tiles into strips and use them as a border? Is it OK to have a cut edge halfway up a wall or must they be strictly at the very top or bottom of a wall?

Kate
You could do with setting a side stop on your cutter to get all strips same size, i'd put the cut edge facing down, presumably (unless led in the bath) you'd be looking down on the border so you'll see factory finished edges when walking in the room...just a thought :)

K

KateJ

.... and the very good thought thank you Andy with big fish!

I'll be doing underfloor heating as well but first I'll have a look with my plumber to get his advice. I'll probably be asking questions on the UFH page in due course.

Complete the sentence: 'Old tilers never die, they just.......

Kx

I

Italy

I'll be doing underfloor heating as well but first I'll have a look with my plumber to get his advice. I'll probably be asking questions on the UFH page in due course.

Kx
they rest.......

S

Spare Tool

Kx
...go fishing :)

Reply to Using Offcuts As An Accent Border... in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay