Search the forum,

Discuss Using my name to get discount. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I got a call from Topps Tiles the other day to say that the tiles I ordered have just arrived. I did not order any tiles. I asked what branch, and I told them I had never been to that branch in North London. They said sorry and put the phone down. 2 days later they ring again and said that I had ordered the tiles. I was now speaking to the guy that supposedly served me. After about 20 questions and 10 minutes later I pieced together who the person was. It was a guy I did a quote for about 2 months ago. He walked into Topps and asked for trade prices on over £600 worth of tiles. He gave my name and address and confirmed my telephone number (all of which are on my business card). I rang the customer and got no answer. He obviously did not answer because he was thinking of a yarn to spin me. I called again and he said that he had meant to ring me to tell me that he ordered the tiles and that Topps might call me. I did not want to have a go at him because he also said that he will give me a call soon when he wants the tiles fitted. I still think it’s a bloody cheek. However, if I get a job out of it then I will be happy.

D

DHTiling

A few have tried that before with me....now CTD ring me first before any tiles or discount is given...

D

doug boardley

sorry Sean, the guys taking the pee, and I would be spitting feathers. If you get the job, chances are that you're not gonna make much on materials cos this guy knows what "you" paid for them!! very very naughty and dishonest imo:rant:

G

graham31

Surely it shouldn't have been as easy as that to get your discount.So anybody can go in and give your name and address and confirmed your telephone number and Topps won't check way you first.

Systems flawed

L

Leatherface

My tile suppliers will not give anyone my discount unless I have telephoned them to say it is ok !

Reply to Using my name to get discount. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen