Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Using my name to get discount. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I got a call from Topps Tiles the other day to say that the tiles I ordered have just arrived. I did not order any tiles. I asked what branch, and I told them I had never been to that branch in North London. They said sorry and put the phone down. 2 days later they ring again and said that I had ordered the tiles. I was now speaking to the guy that supposedly served me. After about 20 questions and 10 minutes later I pieced together who the person was. It was a guy I did a quote for about 2 months ago. He walked into Topps and asked for trade prices on over £600 worth of tiles. He gave my name and address and confirmed my telephone number (all of which are on my business card). I rang the customer and got no answer. He obviously did not answer because he was thinking of a yarn to spin me. I called again and he said that he had meant to ring me to tell me that he ordered the tiles and that Topps might call me. I did not want to have a go at him because he also said that he will give me a call soon when he wants the tiles fitted. I still think it’s a bloody cheek. However, if I get a job out of it then I will be happy.

D

DHTiling

A few have tried that before with me....now CTD ring me first before any tiles or discount is given...

D

doug boardley

sorry Sean, the guys taking the pee, and I would be spitting feathers. If you get the job, chances are that you're not gonna make much on materials cos this guy knows what "you" paid for them!! very very naughty and dishonest imo:rant:

G

graham31

Surely it shouldn't have been as easy as that to get your discount.So anybody can go in and give your name and address and confirmed your telephone number and Topps won't check way you first.

Systems flawed

L

Leatherface

My tile suppliers will not give anyone my discount unless I have telephoned them to say it is ok !

C

Colour Republic

I'd be very surprised if you got the job, why would the guy go to all that trouble to get the tiles in if he didn't know who was going to fit them? Why wouldn't he ask for your advice on the tiles? You can only hope that the guy feels so embarrassed about getting caught that he does get you to do the job

D

doug boardley

I'd be very surprised if you got the job, why would the guy go to all that trouble to get the tiles in if he didn't know who was going to fit them? Why wouldn't he ask for your advice on the tiles? You can only hope that the guy feels so embarrassed about getting caught that he does get you to do the job
believe me CR when I say that a lot of people have more neck than a long necked giraffe! this guy has had the cheek to literally impersonate Sean, there's no reason why he's gonna suddenly get a guilt rush now! imo. But I do hope I'm wrong.:hurray:

B

brian c

I always forewarn the guys in the shop that my customer will be down and to take care of them,as long as i get the job then i generally dont mind giving my discount but in this case its a damn cheek and something i wouldnt do but thats the way i am...face value always.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry Sean, but I think you have had the last conversation you will with that "customer". I hope I am wrong, but he has gone to a lot of trouble to impersonate you, so I dont think you will be fitting them.

Reply to Using my name to get discount. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks