Search the forum,

Discuss Using my name to get discount. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

I'd be very surprised if you got the job, why would the guy go to all that trouble to get the tiles in if he didn't know who was going to fit them? Why wouldn't he ask for your advice on the tiles? You can only hope that the guy feels so embarrassed about getting caught that he does get you to do the job

D

doug boardley

I'd be very surprised if you got the job, why would the guy go to all that trouble to get the tiles in if he didn't know who was going to fit them? Why wouldn't he ask for your advice on the tiles? You can only hope that the guy feels so embarrassed about getting caught that he does get you to do the job
believe me CR when I say that a lot of people have more neck than a long necked giraffe! this guy has had the cheek to literally impersonate Sean, there's no reason why he's gonna suddenly get a guilt rush now! imo. But I do hope I'm wrong.:hurray:

B

brian c

I always forewarn the guys in the shop that my customer will be down and to take care of them,as long as i get the job then i generally dont mind giving my discount but in this case its a damn cheek and something i wouldnt do but thats the way i am...face value always.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry Sean, but I think you have had the last conversation you will with that "customer". I hope I am wrong, but he has gone to a lot of trouble to impersonate you, so I dont think you will be fitting them.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I'd be seaking legal advice, coz even if you don't get that job, the tax man's gonna want his share (If you get investigated).... It is Fraud, and i'd be tempted to use that as leverage, to insure you get the job.. :D

R

Rad2474

I would tell the guy either you get the job or you'll report him to the police for obtaining goods by deception,he pretended to be someone else to get a discount that he wasn't entitled to and that amounts to theft.

D

Derry

shocking that people can do this...

ok admire the cheek or whatever you want to say but surely its identity theft on a lower level?!

if they will do that with your name / address / phone no. what else will they do?

L

LM Ceramics

tut tut myself i will ring my local tile shop and tell them before hand that im sendin a customer down

Reply to Using my name to get discount. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen