Discuss Using a brick mortar gun for grouting in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Steven.gill

Is it possible to use a brick mortar gun for grouting? Using black grout for a bathroom floor so just thinking for the cleaning up after. Any advice would help
Cheers

M

Mike

i've had one for years but due to mixed results i've only used it a few times. there was a similar thread a few weeks back and none of the replies were positive. id just clean the floor with a good sponge then finish with a washboy

D

diamondtiling

You will end up using a grout spreader anyway, the mortar gun just wont fill the grout lines properly. I tried a battery powered version some years back once............and never again.

W

White Room

Don't waste your time with a grout gun, probably have more to clean up that the conventional way.

S

Steven.gill

Thanks for the replys. Job complete now just kept my money. Some one mentioned grout in a tube applied with a silicone gun never it before any one used it?

Reply to Using a brick mortar gun for grouting in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks