• Thread starter penno
  • Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 412
  • usa
Search the forum,

Discuss Undercut AGAIN in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Daz

Glad it worked out for you Penno!

I let (customers) order against my tile shop accounts but they never get told what price they are payin. If I don't get the fixing job, they get billed at RRP plus ten :oops:, but I ain't gonna be stiffed! :lol::thumbsup:

J

James Spelrem

I had the same problem with under cutting BUT sometimes just desserts Quoted a job lost it to another company (pool change rooms) 7000 over the other guys contractor thought I was ripping him off. Well haven't been on the forum for a while working 14 hr days tearing out and replacing Job started to fall apart in the first month of opening.
no drainage
no membrain
shot the plywood down with soffit staples no glue
It doesn't happen very often but I love when low ballers eat crap
Developer didn't bat an eye to the price of replace just needed it done by the way other company is getting sued.:thumbsup:do it right or go home.

L

LM Ceramics

glad it worked out for you penno and its also good to know that some customers have done abit of research:yikes:

H

hillhead

i had to rip out a 30m2 floor a few weeks ago that was down a week! some clown made a right mess of it,turns out he knew how to charge too.I ripped out,levelled and re layed cheaper than he layed for !! that felt good i must say.but customer was happy in the finish and i got what i wanted.

L

LM Ceramics

i had to rip out a 30m2 floor a few weeks ago that was down a week! some clown made a right mess of it,turns out he knew how to charge too.I ripped out,levelled and re layed cheaper than he layed for !! that felt good i must say.but customer was happy in the finish and i got what i wanted.

wow usually its the pay peanuts get monkeys on this occasion its pay gold and get monkeys

B

bathroomboy

Some people are gullible and think the cheaper quote is best, I have just totally refitted 2 bathrooms in the same house which were badly done 5 years ago, shame really as the suites were good quality and now on the tip. You get what you pay for and these that are undercutting so much cannot be proper tradesmen with insurance,qualifications, tools and furthermore must be using substandard materials.
Most of my work now comes from word of mouth, I do a quality job and my name is passed round and usually they don't mind paying and by the way I'm not expensive, just fair.

A

atec

penno know how you feel seems to be the norm here,

i was supposed to start a job yesterday client phoned me 6pm night before saying he got a better quote. i put a job off to sqeeze him in as he was going on holiday this weekend, now im sitting scratching my back side, infact im going out now to do some more mackeral bashing LOL!!!:8:

S

Spud

your prices arent steep penno infact i would say they are reasonable so dont let it get you down if some lunatic is going around undercutting you, if he is doing it that cheap you can only imagine how rough the standard is and he will soon gain the reputation he deserves keep doing what you are doing and the work will come flooding in :thumbsup:

P

penno

Finished the travertine job today and must admit it is a dam nice piece of work :) Bloke was given my details by my local Topps, popped in earlier to grab some materials on my way home. Manager told me the bloke just phoned him and would like to buy him a crate of beer cause he is that happy with the work that has been done. Bobbing back next week when the shower and sink are fitted so will get some pics up.

Reply to Undercut AGAIN in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen