Search the forum,

Discuss Tumbled Dijon Limestone Hearth? Sealing / Grouting Advice Needed.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

devs

Hi all, I wondered if someone could offer some advice... I'm in the process of buying an 8kw woodburning stove and plan to have the hearth made from Tumbled Dijon Limestone (600x400x15mm)

I wondered on the suitability of this product and if a sealer like "Everbuild Natural Stone Sealer" would be sufficient to seal and maintain its appearance?

Finally should the tiles be laid without being grouted to allow for any expansion? If not is any particular grout required?

Sorry for all the q's but i'm keen to get my head around this before ordering the tiles.

many thanks,

Devs.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

devs

Has anyone got any suggestions on what type of tile may be suitable for the purpose? Many thanks.

D

DHTiling

Do you want a natural look or a colour enhanced look. Some times enriching the stone can bring out the colours.

As for grouting , then yes deffo grout.

Reply to Tumbled Dijon Limestone Hearth? Sealing / Grouting Advice Needed.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen