Search the forum,

Discuss Trim issue - opinions please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
We've had a tiled splashback put in as part of a kitchen refit. While the work looks good in general, I think the trim looks a bit odd. It's been used where two planes of tiles meet, and on the vertical lines where there are cuts, but they've left raw tile edges on top.

I think this combination makes it look unfinished, but both kitchen fitter and tiler say this is normal. Is this what is usually done?

IMG_20190620_204607586.jpg

IMG_20190620_204153260.jpg

Reaction score
We've had a tiled splashback put in as part of a kitchen refit. While the work looks good in general, I think the trim looks a bit odd. It's been used where two planes of tiles meet, and on the vertical lines where there are cuts, but they've left raw tile edges on top.

I think this combination makes it look unfinished, but both kitchen fitter and tiler say this is normal. Is this what is usually done?

View attachment 107472

View attachment 107473

The extra trim is not required, but it would look better IMO, especially since some trim had already been used. I agree, odd choice by the tiler. Maybe you could you white decorators caulk on the untrimmed edges to tidy it up. Id rarely recommend PVC trim, stainless steel looks much better, but its more expensive

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well if your not happy coops make your feelings known those tiles are not manufacturered straight so as said above decorators caulk along the top edge and decorate it in with the wall will tidy it up .

Reaction score
Ah yes, got my torch for a close look and the tile does go behind it. I'm sure it can be improved, although I'm not sure it'll go completely flat as one of the tiles doesn't seem flat against the wall. Can't get a picture that does it justice - bottom one looks quite noticeably sunken in real life!

1561118892452846642147385681474.jpg

Reply to Trim issue - opinions please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all I was hoping to get your opinions / thoughts on some work done in the kitchen by the...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’ve been trying to seek advice on whether the recently finished tiling/grouting in my...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen