Search the forum,

Discuss Travertine sealing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GazTech

I would seal them then Geordie, it certainly won't take any harm, and you will feel more confident about doing the fixing without staining....Gaz
PS..good luck:yes:

D

DHTiling

Also goerdie, make sure they are clean and free from dust before sealing........

I have come across traveretine that is filthy from the factory cutting of it.....:thumbsup:

M

MICK the Tiler

No need to seal before fixing, Just keep your work spotlessly clean. I'll agree with Gaz about sealing before grouting, but only because the guys/gals new to laying stone tend to have trouble getting the stuff clean. After you become more experienced at laying stone you should start to seal your work after grouting. The reason being that if you seal lets say Unfilled trav before grouting the pores of the trav are less likely to accept the grout you are trying to fill therefore the adhesion of the grout to the trav will not be a sound bond and can lead to the grout coming out of the holes at a latter date. The other advantage of sealing after grouting is that you only need to do it once,

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Once the adhesive has dried............I always wash the floor, and leave overnight before sealing..............as mentioned, there is a lot of factory dust and general crap on them, and you don't want to seal that in.

Reply to Travertine sealing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Long time listener, first time caller. I have seen this both ways: Do you recommend sealing the...
Replies
Views
Josh Camden
J
Hi, New to the forum. Have a tiler coming in to do my floor tiles but don't think he's done a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have some lovely Mexican terracotta tiles (glazed on one side only) which are meant...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, hope you are all having a good weekend. I am going to be tiling the splashback...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen