Discuss Tiling quadrant shower enclosure in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

I have done a bit of tiling before but I will be tiling our shower room soon and we have a 800 x 800 quadrant shower. The tiles we like are 400mm wide.

We also prefer the look of them lining up and not in a brickwork pattern.

How would be best to tile the shower as I have seen the corners should always be cut to allow if the walls are not plumb and I read you should leave a small gap also in the corner between the edge of the tile and the wall not sure if that is correct?but obviously hidden by the tile on the adjacent wall which you fill with a mastic.

Anyway, one wall will continue around the room half height and the other wall will stop with a trim at the edge of the shower cubical.

So would it look ok the have a whole tile in the middle and cuts on both sides all the way up? Or do I attempt two full tiles all the way up? Bear in mind the other sides is going around the room so also planning to position that.

Thank you!

Reaction score
If the wall is fairly plumb you could get away with side by side 4x4=8 if that makes sense. Start at the bottom of the wall make sure it finished flush at the top of the wall

Reaction score
Thanks, I think I defantely could have got away with doing that thanks. However I think after looking at it again we have just decided to do the whole wall :) I think it will look better and be easier than messing around with trims right next to where I will be drilling a shower cubical in also. Thanks for your help

Reply to Tiling quadrant shower enclosure in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks