Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling outside step with chipped tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Weebisto

hi, cards on the table, I'm fairly new to tiling and just trying to feel my way with small jobs to start with. I've been asked to tile a single step outside front door of a hair salon. Current tiles are chipped and there's also residual cement/adhesive where the chipped tiles used to be. Question is, do I use a self levelling compound the level the existing tiles then tile on top or do I rip off everything and then level?

Help would be much appreciated

D

Dumbo

Only level on top if you are happy that existing tiles won't let go . Also you will have to use exterior grade levelling comp such as ardex k301

Reply to Tiling outside step with chipped tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen