Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on a ceiling advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Been asked to tile a steam room, customer also want the ceiling tanked and tiled. The ceiling at the mo is skimmed plaster board,but can be altered, if it needs to. I have never been asked to tank and tile on to a ceiling and need to know if this is possible. Any advice will be appreciated.

M

mikethetile

turn the room upside down phil and when they are dry turn it right way up:lol:

use the suction method

M

mikethetile

back butter the tiles with a continuos bead of addy near the edge and press home excluding the air and creating a vacuum

D

DHTiling

Replace the plaster board with cement board..

what tiles you using.. some need mechanical fixings.

Reply to Tiling on a ceiling advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen