Search the forum,

Discuss tiling formica (worktop) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jamie B

comes up once in a blue moon for me..but had to re-tile worktop which was formica. I always advise against it..but..the customer knows best usually!
as if to prove my point the old tiles literally come off on sheets!
I used Bal fast flex 2 part to re-tile..with no promises!
just wondered if anyone has found anything better addy wise?
I hate doing it as you know you're in for trouble, but some people won't take no for an answer!

W

White Room

Would've scratched the surface severly but have never tiled on to formica before

M

marc1106

Jamie B youd probably wouldve been better with 10 tubes of silicone :smilewinkgrin:

P

Perry

i would use Pci 303 primer then somthing like nanolite have tiled a few over the years

J

jamie B

yep!..me too!
These are the kinda jobs you wait for the phone call about a couple a months down the line!

P

Perry

i havent had a call yet tiled some 20 years ago still ok i know one has just been ripped out but was ok till then

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Maybe this is where the tile direct to timber ready mixed might come into their own,would'nt use them on t&g though. I know they claim you can, but I dont trust them,OK for latteral movement but no good for deflection. Good luck.

Reply to tiling formica (worktop) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen