Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling and underfloor heating help in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mark wemyss

evening

Laid isoscreed/anhydrite at 65mm on the 21/3/17 Ina new build property over underfloor pipes laid into inserts

Screed has since been sanded ready to receive the floor tiles.

Question is do I need to switch the ufh on? And if I do for how long (a day or a week etc)

Sorry for the newbie question but heard different reports where the ufh needs to be on for 2 weeks and off for 2 and others not on at all and just simply install the tiles

Any help welcome

Many thanks

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
As the system is used for first time, the mixing valve must be set to minimum setting to let the moisture in the screed to dry out. The temperature should be increased by 2 degrees every day until the mixing valve is set at 45°C (about 5 days).

Once the mixing valve is set to:

45°C for Screed Floor
55°C for Timber Suspended Floor with Aluminum Spreader Plates

set the room thermostats to required levels and programme the system controls to run as required.

Reply to Tiling and underfloor heating help in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays