Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling a kitchen worktop in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

j_superstar

Hi all,

I am about to undergo tiling a kitchen worktop. Currently our kitchen worktop is made up of several small tiles which are messy and inconvenient. The most cost effective method of revamping the worktop was to retile over it using much larger tiles with a granite style finish. I feel fairly confident of doing this. My main query would be grouting the tiles and the correct type of grout to use for the best finish. The current grout is a rough finish and does not clean down well could anyone suggest the correct type of grout to use or would a sealant of some kind or another method be more appropriate?? Any other advice would also be appreciated as this is my first attempt at undertaking such a task!!

Cheers!!

T

tile55

The grout you need to used on any surfaces where food is prepared would be an Epoxy type.
Great care should be taken as this grout is very hard to clean off the tiles when grouting, also only do small areas at a time before wiping off with a good sponge.

W

White Room

May give you some information Hygiene

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tiling a kitchen worktop in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen