Search the forum,

Discuss tiling a damp bathroom advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

keith1960

Hi everybody, newbie here, I have got to tile a damp bathroom soon, with cheap ceramic tiles, I have unibonded the walls, which are painted, have loosened all the loose paintwork, It has taken two days for the unibond to dry, any suggestions which adhesive and grout to use, worried about the damp coming through the wall and staining the grout, or the tiles falling off, two of the walls have been treated with bitumen to try and stop the damp, very cold house and room.

K

keith1960

hi, thanks for the advice, would using a powdered adhesive be better than a tub adhesive, I plastered the ceiling on Tuesday morning,still wet this afternoon?

M

Martino

The tiles will deffinitly fall off now matter what adhesive you use it wont only stain the grout......the issue of damp needs to be resolved....covering it up will make it worse as the damp wont be able to escape and will be trapped...the whole wall of tiles could potentially fall off and leave beautiful black smelly mold behind!...not a nice sight and potentially dangerous if kids are about!!.....IMO you need to see why its getting damp!....Re-Pointing needs to be done?....a leak somewhere....it has to get damp from somewhere......If you dont sort out the damp i suggest you leave the country once youve tiled it lol!!

Reply to tiling a damp bathroom advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen