Search the forum,

Discuss tiles spacers for quartz tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cjscos

what size spaces do i use to lay quartz floor tiles? which size would look best 2, 3, 5 mm ?

C

cjscos

also when applying my arcylic primer do i wait till its totally dry before tiling or are you supposed to let it dry a bit (30min say) then tiles over the floor?

W

White Room

Allow the primer to dry before tiling, it's on a screed floor why prime or is it dusty

Reaction score
i would use 2mm spacers for 300x600 600x600 tiles, quartz tiles usually good quality, not vary in size so much, if concrete is dusty dilute 1:3 primer with water or clean with water and can start tiling,
good luck

D

david campbell

2mm on concrete or very secure wooden surfaces if not then 3mm,i personally think 5mm will ruin the effect,only use a diluted primer on dusty concrete floors

C

cjscos

the tiles are 300mm x 300mm

I thought it has to be primed first so the adhesive fixes properly when laying the tiles?
The floor is in good condition though but slightly dusty (built 1960)
I was going to use an acrylic bonding & priming agent ( granfix is its name). is this the corrrect stuff?

I got pva but after looking on here it was not recomended...

D

david campbell

priming isn't actually for concrete surfaces to allow the adhesive to stick,it's the dust that will prevent the tilie bonding to the adhesive and the floor

C

cjscos

oh right......

I was told by many that it STOPS the concrete base sucking water out of the adhesive so they fix better and stronger to the floor?

Reply to tiles spacers for quartz tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen