Discuss Tiles cracked again in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
So earlier last year I had my whole bathroom done up including new was and floor tiles.

A few months into it however I noticed the tiles on the bathroom flors has started to crack

The cracks grew longer luckily the tiles was doing another job and he had a looked and was very confused (and upset)

He kindly agreed to do remove the tiles and relay a new set. These were done however they have started to crack again!

He used flexi glue and the first time around he used tile backed boards the second time around he used plywood.

My question is is this the tiles? They were t cheap or is there something wrong with my floor? I had rentokill come out the first time to check the joints and they said they were fine.

The tiler has done other work for me which has been fine so I’m at a loss.

Attachments

• B2F86C37-E75E-49FF-937F-D5B3D268AE86.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 995FB5D6-A679-4FF9-ACF5-0F3B36B740E6.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 46
  • B7738732-755C-40E2-A760-C35599137A2A.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 48
  • AEA1EF84-A991-40A0-9205-F1C830B6CE7A.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 47
D

Dumbo

Just because you paid a lot doesnt mean they were not cheap when they came out of the factory

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
cheap or expensive tiles will crack if there is too much flex i the subfloor. I suspect that is your issue. get a glass of water and place it on the floor. Then walk on the floor, and then jump gently on the floor to see if there is "bounce" (the water will ripple) if there is bounce that is your issue. a bouncy floor is not suitable for tiling.

Reply to Tiles cracked again in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks