Search the forum,

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

Re: Hall of shame....

How much water was under those tiles? :yikes::yikes::yikes:

C

CBTC

GRR - yes lots of water; but in the 2nd room, where the build up ( for no good reason) was 25 - 35 mm there was generally an inch of water. Stank. All over the floor area - the only thing that was a success up to point was the tanking, which kept the water ingressing into the timber base, walls etc. However damp rot was setting in already in places though - so dry rot soon to follow.
Rob - yes thats WEDI; the design co specified certain things, just didnt check the 'tilers' credentials, so all the work not to any standard. They didnt tape the Wedi seams however.

C

CBTC

Yup - another in a long line of utterly crap work i've seen in the last 5 years or so. Thats without trying to find that sorta work!
Sometimes I dont know how they get it so wrong - some of the elements wrong with this a DIY er would pick up on from the adhesive bag frchrissakes! And the company employing the tilers knew a bit about it all - but didnt check on them.
Owner v unhappy - as you might be having paid out several thousands.

Only the floors re-done. What do you guys think regarding the wall fitting lasting: 400x400 porcelain - fitted by blobs - no primers - some solid wall, some ply, some pboard? No joint / 1 mil. Lippage everywhere.

D

DHTiling

I was asked to go look at a floor that was tiled about 18 months...He said the grout keeps cracking in the joints...

Well i had a look and the tiles were all loose...so i said it needs re-tiling ..possibly wrong prep on floor...OK all priced and ready to go...

Turned up to the job and started to remove the tiles....:yikes:

They dot and dabbed onto 6mm ply...:mad2: and under the ply was 12mm ply layed straight onto the joists...the 12mm was original and should have never been tiled on ffs...

Attachments

• DSC00057.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC00056.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 131
D

DHTiling

So i advised that they do not tile the floor and they have gone for kardean in stead....but whilst there i had a look at his wall tiling....:oops:

And i know who this guy is who tiled it...:incazzato:and i had to tell the customer that the floor should never of been tiled and the walls were dot and dabbed as well...this i found out after a tile fell off as i was removing the floor tiles...

Attachments

• DSC00063.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC00062.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC00061.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC00060.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC00059.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC00064.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00065.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC00066.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC00067.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 120
S

Saltire69

I can't believe they paid him Dave. That is :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

D

DHTiling

Shocking ain't it..?...they need to be named and shamed.....this guy is derek stott...AKA rough A$$ed tiler...

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen