Search the forum,

Discuss tilemaster 3000 grout - bal micromax in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

It's interesting to chat about materials though. I've only ever had problems with BAL Superflex/ Micromax, and UCP. Had technical come out twice from BAL and twice from Mapei. Resolved each time thankfuly.
Yet to have any problems with 3000.... (watch this space I guess!)

As for slow soft grouts, what about Microflex?! Best white grout ever though.

H

hmtiling

I've had ucp 113 go patchy and no issues with mm2 apart from being caught out on a warm day. Mapei didn't want to know according to the tile shop and said it was user error. Fuga fresca sorted that one.
Micromax white smells funny though! Not that I purposely inhale a great deal.
The worst grout hands down is Weber pro joint! Horrendous tackle

K

Knifey_Spoony

You guys who don't like 3000 because it's slow - are you working site or commercial? Reason I ask is because on domestic jobs I think it's the business. I admit it's slow though.

Site work mate.No way would i want to use it on a domestic job.On site i tile Mon-Thurs then do all my grouting on Friday.That way,at the end of the day i give the grout a final go over before i go home.

If i was on a domestic job and only had 1 bathroom to grout am i going to have to hang around all day just to wait for it to dry?

R

Rookery

Everyone has their favourites and I think a lot of that is what you get used to. Mapei UCP all day for me, (I've never had an issue with it being patchy), except the white isn't white enough in my opinion. If I need a bright white for white tiles I use BAL Microflex. That's the only BAL grout I will use. I don't like Weber, Ardex FS is ok but only OK.

Reaction score
It's interesting to chat about materials though. I've only ever had problems with BAL Superflex/ Micromax, and UCP. Had technical come out twice from BAL and twice from Mapei. Resolved each time thankfuly.
Yet to have any problems with 3000.... (watch this space I guess!)

As for slow soft grouts, what about Microflex?! Best white grout ever though.

Out of interest, what did the reps come out for? And how did they resolve the issue?

O

One Day

Out of interest, what did the reps come out for? And how did they resolve the issue

BAl was a shade problem. 2 whites vastly different side by side. Paid me to recolour as it was a mosaic. Mapei patchy and another stained oddly like rust, wouldn't admit anything but have me free epoxy to cover costs.

Reaction score
HI THERE , YOU CAN GET PATCHY AREAS DUE TO INCORRECT MIXING WITH MAPEI UCP AS THE CRYSTALS IN THE GROUT NEED TO DISSOLVE COMPLETELY ALWAYS MIX WITH POWER WHISK LEAVE FOR 2-3MINS THEN MIX AGAIN .

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Have used Tilemaster's grout 3000 for a number of years and never had a problem,Always dries fine in any situation,I know people who have mixed it to thin and had problems with it not going off,So it's always best to mix it as thick as possible,Wouldn't use anything else !

Reaction score
My favourite grout is Ardex FL & FS depending on the tile being grouted. If I can`t get Ardex I will use Tilemaster 3000 which is a good back up. 3000 takes longer to set, but is a quality grout.
I buy all my Tilemaster gear from A&M Tiling Chelmsford, just down the road from Romford. I have bought Tilemaster leveller from PFC Flooring in Harold Hill and I am pretty sure that they stock quite a lot of the range.

Reply to tilemaster 3000 grout - bal micromax in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen