Discuss tilemaster 3000 grout - bal micromax in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
good evening all,

I have always used Bal Micromax2 grout. Lately i have been having issues with the coloured grouts drying patchy. No matter what i do i can't stop it. So I'm thinking of changing to Tilemaster 3000 grout. Has anybody changed from bal because of the grout being patchy? Anybody got a good contact for tilemaster grout?. Im happy to buy online or somewhere local in the Romford area. How do we rate tilemaster 3000 grout?

Thanks for taking your time to read

cheers
John

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Either that or Mapei grouts which match their silicone perfectly. As for suppliers, just need to look online I think. :)

Reaction score
fast reply, thanks. I did try the Mapei UC Jasmine and i found that to be slightly patchy. Maybe i just didn't mix it well enough though

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're finding so many grouts patchy my guess would be your mixing it wrong to be honest.

M

Matt Bott

For ucp I think it's 3 minutes slow electric mix leave 2 minutes to slake then remix don't add any water after that it will say on bag I've never had any problem it I actually prefer it to grout 3000

M

Matt Bott

For ucp I think it's 3 minutes slow electric mix leave 2 minutes to slake then remix don't add any water after that it will say on bag I've never had any problem it I actually prefer it to grout 3000
Just to confirm mix to homogeneous state leave to slake 2-3 minutes remix

O

One Day

Grout 3000 is the best grout I've yet to use.
BAL micromax is patchy, and goes off too fast and too hard.
UCP is patchy at times, never seems to hold its consistency, gets wetter in use, and is horrible to use on wall tiles.
3000 is clay-like and smooth, easy to mix and not fussy with water quantity.
Hands down the winner.

Reaction score
I have been a regular BAL Micromax grout user because it is widely available, it was convenient to keep a few different colours in stock, and I got on well using it. But in the last 18 months, the patchiness is becoming more apparent. The grout 3000 is becoming my stock item. I agree the Mapei is messier to use as it always seems to get runnier with regular remixing, and Weber grout foams too much (during washing) making it necessary to empty washboy every few sq metres.

K

Knifey_Spoony

Tilemaster 3000 is probably the worst grout i have used.We are using it on site and it is fine for floors but on the walls it just doesn't dry.I grout up 4 bathrooms before i go to wash it off and the joints are still as wet as when i put it on.Then after washing the water runs down the joints and gives it a rubbish finish.The mid grey can dry very patchy as well.Never had it with any other grout.

H

hmtiling

3000 is too slow to firm in joints with anything but ceramic. Ucp and mm2 are too fast fast for my liking. Ultra flex joint is the happy medium I find.

O

One Day

You guys who don't like 3000 because it's slow - are you working site or commercial? Reason I ask is because on domestic jobs I think it's the business. I admit it's slow though.

H

hmtiling

You guys who don't like 3000 because it's slow - are you working site or commercial? Reason I ask is because on domestic jobs I think it's the business. I admit it's slow though.
All commercial/domestic for me. I've had a couple of problems with very minute hairlines in it too on solid floors. Also, it sets a little soft compared to others. Having said that i've use it a fair bit without issue and it is very user friendly. I just prefer something a bit faster for 2nd washing and polishing.

Reply to tilemaster 3000 grout - bal micromax in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks