Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilebacker etc any great deals anyone knows of in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Jeff the tiler

Need a lot of hardbacker or similar for a large project and just wanted to see if anyone knows of any deals out there.

B

Bubblecraft

I'm sure it was £5.99 + vat (£7.18) or at least that's what I've been getting Topps to match it at lol

G

Gazzer

NMP ( no more Ply ) at Tiletown , not sure of the latest price but was very good last time I enquired.

R

Rookery

I believe CTD are £6.99 + vat for 6mm and £7.99 + vat for 12mm. My nearest Topps couldnt/wouldnt get anywhere near that so its CTD all the way for me. They have great deals on a few other products too. Topps dont deserve traders business IMO.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Bought 25 hardi 250 from ctd.£8.30 a board and free delivery:smilewinkgrin: Oh and the white weber spf low dust came in just over £15:smilewinkgrin: Oh, and i had a free bag of weber floor leveler off them too:smilewinkgrin:

S

Stef

Noticed on the receipt you paid £15+ for a tub of bal grip. Cheaper going to CTD & purchasing a 20kg of Weber. You would almost get 2 bags for that price.

P

Plumbing Tiler

CTD do Bal Whitestar at about £11+ too, not sure what the difference is between Grip and Whitestar though?, Tradepoint and Topps both about £13+ on Hardie 12mm boards, CTD definitely the cheapest by far.....

B

Bubblecraft

Noticed on the receipt you paid £15+ for a tub of bal grip. Cheaper going to CTD & purchasing a 20kg of Weber. You would almost get 2 bags for that price.

I hear what your saying but -

Additional fuel to & from CTD - £4 - £5
Bucket for mixing - £1
Time to & from van for mixer
Time to clean mixer
Time to clean bucket after mix
Pot life
Etc etc

Grip is so much easier when throwing up ceramics

CTD do Bal Whitestar at about £11+ too, not sure what the difference is between Grip and Whitestar though?

It's pretty much the same product but not as white as White Star. I find grip has a stronger bond

T

The D

I hear what your saying but -

Additional fuel to & from CTD - £4 - £5
Bucket for mixing - £1
Time to & from van for mixer
Time to clean mixer
Time to clean bucket after mix
Pot life
Etc etc

Grip is so much easier when throwing up ceramics 

It's pretty much the same product but not as white as White Star. I find grip has a stronger bond
Knock it up with your bucket trowel you big girl

B

Bubblecraft

Knock it up with your bucket trowel you big girl

Lol. Like I'm daft enough to try & knock up 20kg with bucket trowel. Knocking up smaller amounts is ever more time consuming. Don't get me wrong, I'll do this when I have to but for jobs like this, grip is just so much easier. Each to there own though

B

Bubblecraft

That receipt is for my current job. Was hoping to have it finished today but just not enough hours in a day. Going back on Sunday to do silicone, caulking, hang & gloss a new door, fit & gloss R2A Facing, gloss window, shower screen, some accessories & general buffing & cleaning.
aby6uma6.jpg
azy2upym.jpg
5epetudu.jpg
7e2apy6y.jpg
zegy9eqy.jpg
eheme6e2.jpg
ere9uduj.jpg
e8ypame7.jpg
byvatute.jpg
yqasysyt.jpg
ujyra9ah.jpg

It looked like this last week lol

gy4uzyha.jpg
qy6aju6y.jpg
7uquby2u.jpg
ru7ynagu.jpg
y7yzaty5.jpg

Reply to Tilebacker etc any great deals anyone knows of in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks