Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2013 - Which Tile Adhesive Did You Use Most? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jonnyc

I took Larsen on after stonefix went bust some years ago and had no end of problems.
One bizarre one was white bagged adhesive sometimes came out grey.
did not adversely affect any job but all all time first on that front

Reaction score
Lol, that's quite possible. It's very prone to lumps in the bag whether it's plastic sealed or paper lined. I'd have no doubt about it performing the task of adhesion, it's just got the most horrible working properties !! There was a spell when they had flexible white in purple bags (S2 I think) and it was nice to use and a good all round adhesive. Then again that was almost ten years ago... Lot of adhesive has passed under the trowel since then :)

J

jonnyc

I had no problems with stonefix at the beginning and for me it was having a reasonable adhesive at a good price when i was buying at least 4 pallets a month.
they then went bust and because i had no ther supplier i looked around.
found larsens and this seemed ok but then had issues as in my previous post.
now with tilemaster and am very happy.

Reaction score
Never voted, but BAL for us everytime.

Single part white flexible 16hr from CTD comes in at a great price per single bag.

And with the right preparation it's the nearly always the only adhesive you need carry.

I haven't yet used any alternative that comes close to it with yield, slump, texture etc.

Not throwing money away as I'd rather be paid straight for what I demand for labour and anything in materials is negotiable and only a bonus anyway as I'd rather give the customer my trade discount and ensure thy get best product.

S

Stef

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415647643.214538.jpg
I've made the switch to TileMaster as it's the best adhesive I've used.
I switched to Weber a while ago but TileMaster all the way now.
Standard SetaFlex (same as Weber spf) is a fantastic adhesive & the difference in the stick between the 2 is far superior in the TM SetaFlex..

W

White Room

View attachment 60014
I've made the switch to TileMaster as it's the best adhesive I've used.
I switched to Weber a while ago but TileMaster all the way now.
Standard SetaFlex (same as Weber spf) is a fantastic adhesive & the difference in the stick between the 2 is far superior in the TM SetaFlex..

Do you get your addys from just a local supplier or get it delivered from further afield...

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2013 - Which Tile Adhesive Did You Use Most? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks