Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2009 - Floor And Wall Tile Adhesive Poll - What's Best? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Which Tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ Did You Use Most During 2009?
Please vote on the Poll. All answers can be seen by the members.

If you used a brand not showing then please respond with the make.

I'm talking about both cement-based and dispersion. And I'm asking which brand in general did you use the most? It might be due to trust, availability, customer preference, whatever. Just if you totted up the lot you used, which one did you use and buy the most of?

This is for 2009 only

ALL TILE https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ POLLS - WHICH TILE ADHESIVE BRAND DO YOU USE THE MOST?

ADDED: If you work for any of the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ companies please refrain from voting. I've reduced the Mapie vote count by 3 to make it fair. We don't allow any staff from the firms to vote as we can't allow all firms on the forums due to the sponsorship system. Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:
S

Spud

no one using kera koll then, i used the marmorex white rapid the other day seemed pretty good ,pretty shocking that the ardex score is so low it was all i used to use back in the early 90's it is good gear too

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CON5933

Mainly BAL (tubbed) but Toppfix on the cement...Tile Giant still a bit to far away to use daily.. (and there's a tunnel in the way):oops:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Mostly BAL for me, but I do use Toppfix for floors (including my own). However, I'm really going off BAL GRIP because during the few days of Summer it went off really quickly in the tub. I'm now moving over to Single Pt. flex for walls. Cheers Sean

F

Fekin

Palace for me, well that cheapo muck Topps sells as their own.

Tight assed customers being the main reason, though, Bal probably isn't that far behind thinking about it.

G

garretridge

found a local distributor that does mapei reciently at ÂŁ12 a 20 kg bag so its mapei for me too!:thumbsup:

D

Daz

I refuse to submit to the cheap Topps pricing and have stuck to Ardex, with Mapei a close second.

N

nudge

some very interesting reading comparisons to be made between the gear used in the U.K. & Oz.
Ardex/BAL/Dunlop there are Ardex/ABA/dunlop here - & sounds like they're having same problems.
we also have Mapei - PCI & Laticrete as international brands (kera koll came & went)with local presence but only Mapei seriously manufacture. We also have a doz. other local Co.s of varying sizes & market share. it is curious that we can all be doing the same trade & yet doing it so differently.
might make an interesting long term topic itself ??

B

brian c

mostly Mapei kerraquick and D1...FOLLOWED CLOSELY BY TOPFIX RAPIDSET AND SONTEX ACRYLIC.

T

TrumpersUnited

Used to be Mapei, but have now switched to Weber, Weber set plus and sp rapid low dust great gear.

B

bigregrout

i see a lot of people hear tell that mapei is great and not expensive. this is good.

bal far to expesnive and not worth all the money extra. it like they think of number and times by 100.

i have pci and sometime weber here onsite. boss buy in on wooden square, a lot of bags. very good and boss tell me it cheap. i like pci much. nice consitency and easy to work

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2009 - Floor And Wall Tile Adhesive Poll - What's Best? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock