Discuss Thoughts on CTD prices & redundancies? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
The company aren’t announcing anything yet

Attachments

• AFEC31FD-85CB-440C-BE71-5F7156EB43FE.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 25
Reaction score
That Emma Finn clearly works for the c***s!

I can tell you this much, myself and plenty of others have stopped using them. I’m taking on a bloke who they let go of and he says it’s all gone to s**t, there’s no staff and nobody knows what’s going on. I’ve had to change his start date twice as they keep ******* that up too. He hasn’t received any official email with a thank you or apology or anything, no correspondence whatsoever and he’s been there a long time. He reckons they’ll either get sold on again or go under as shops are closed all over and his mates are begging each other to cover their shift.

I hope someone from their company reads this. I’ve done nearly £80k on materials alone from April til now and I sent ALL of my customers there solely because I could trust the staff as they know their stuff, but that sort of treatment leaves a sour taste.

I won’t be using them again and I certainly won’t tell my customers to go to a shop with **** all staff, it’s not like I was going there for the tremendous savings anyway.

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to work out what’s been going on with CTD for the past month or so and no one in my branch is giving much away, so thanks to you all for giving me and insight and an update to what’s going on.
My branch reopened end of last week after shutting unexpectedly and rapidly for a couple of weeks. I’m in there first thing tomorrow so I’ll try squeeze lads working in there.
I have been using another supplier but they don’t offer the full range of brands CTD do which is a shame.
Or I’m having to think in advance and order materials online… which means not getting it on credit, which is essential when monthly material bills are £5k-£8k

C

Ctdemployee

Well, I can tell you all now. They have made redundancies left right and centre. They have swiped out majority of the management from ceo to directors. They’ve swiped out team members who have been there a very long time. They have done everything on the wrong grounds, they haven’t paid redundancies correctly. They’ve got rid of pregnant ladies, people with disabilities and scored them low tactically. I can tell you all now… they may hype about 300 promotions in past year but they’ve lost probably the same amount shutting 2 main hubs down. And losing long standing members of the team. They have removed all transit vans off the branches which eliminates customers service with delivering goods, they removed all bonuses off everyone. Their main focus going forward is for retail. They want to look like an apple shop with their new re branding . Best advice for you all. Take your money to a shop that values their customers, you will notice a lot of UNHAPPY CTD staff. The place is a sh*t show!

TS21

TF
Reaction score
Bit of a sad thread to finally pop my posting cherry this one, but the CTD Stockton store has always been close to my heart as I’ve been using it for 20 years. And for pretty much 19 of them there’s been a nucleus of 6 or 7 lads who’ve given fantastic advice and service, I couldn’t speak highly enough of them. That 6 or 7 has dwindled to a couple now who do their absolute best so I’ll remain loyal, but they’re the reason I do, not the company. Let’s hope whoever owns CTD reads this thread, but it’s unlikely.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bit of a sad thread to finally pop my posting cherry this one, but the CTD Stockton store has always been close to my heart as I’ve been using it for 20 years. And for pretty much 19 of them there’s been a nucleus of 6 or 7 lads who’ve given fantastic advice and service, I couldn’t speak highly enough of them. That 6 or 7 has dwindled to a couple now who do their absolute best so I’ll remain loyal, but they’re the reason I do, not the company. Let’s hope whoever owns CTD reads this thread, but it’s unlikely.
Hi and welcome.... they do read this tbh lol.. some good lads at stockton .. is smithy still there.?

TS21

TF
Reaction score
Hi and welcome.... they do read this tbh lol.. some good lads at stockton .. is smithy still there.?
Hi, yeah he’s off sick at the minute but he’s coming back in January rumour has it. lol. He’s a great guy and a real asset to the place.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Gutted to hear about this. I assume this is in-house restructure? Or is it the dreaded administrators that are trying to pay creditors etc which is more scary as the company still isn't out hot water?

Arent CTD linked to TileBase and is it Weber adhesives? Anybody heard if they're alright?

I might download their company accounts later. @Lou remind me on please. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I can tell you all now. They have made redundancies left right and centre. They have swiped out majority of the management from ceo to directors. They’ve swiped out team members who have been there a very long time. They have done everything on the wrong grounds, they haven’t paid redundancies correctly. They’ve got rid of pregnant ladies, people with disabilities and scored them low tactically. I can tell you all now… they may hype about 300 promotions in past year but they’ve lost probably the same amount shutting 2 main hubs down. And losing long standing members of the team. They have removed all transit vans off the branches which eliminates customers service with delivering goods, they removed all bonuses off everyone. Their main focus going forward is for retail. They want to look like an apple shop with their new re branding . Best advice for you all. Take your money to a shop that values their customers, you will notice a lot of UNHAPPY CTD staff. The place is a sh*t show!
You need register under a random username. I'll protect you, you won't ever get me pass on contact details. It's often handy to get inside details.

Do you know if its administrators liquidating or whether it's them running at a loss and trying sort that out? (Which is the best out of the two options although still means the first option could be looming around the corner if this cutting back on costs thing doesn't work)

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Gutted to hear about this. I assume this is in-house restructure? Or is it the dreaded administrators that are trying to pay creditors etc which is more scary as the company still isn't out hot water?

Arent CTD linked to TileBase and is it Weber adhesives? Anybody heard if they're alright?

I might download their company accounts later. @Lou remind me on please. :)
They got bought out again .. and have altered pricing etc.. canny higher than before.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ohhh okay so full restructure. What did they sell it for? Can't compete with online?

TS21

TF
Reaction score
Hi, yeah he’s off sick at the minute but he’s coming back in January rumour has it. lol. He’s a great guy and a real asset to the place.
I was right, Dave did come back to the Stockton branch, then handed his notice in, he’s had enough after 27 years, what a loss. Same for Mark, been there 25 years, leaving Friday. I’ve no clue of the ins and outs in CTD management, I’ve no doubt they have qualifications coming out their ears, but they’re doing a terrible job.
It’s down to Chris and Stevie to steer the ship now, the David Brent and Gareth of the tile world. ;-)

Reply to Thoughts on CTD prices & redundancies? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks