Search the forum,

Discuss Sticking Mosaic tiles with Silicone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

[
QUOTE=kilty55;490725]lol firing his silicone guns at will[/QUOTE]

:lol: I feel sorry for Will:alucard:

T

The D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:[video=youtube;Td4RHvyAFsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td4RHvyAFsM[/video]

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Definitely not, unless you want serious problems, as said above, get a pro in, we're not touting for work but trying to help you to a proper installation.

Reaction score
oh dear, that much humour means someone (or indeed someones) have been at the laughing soup. Silicone is a wonderful adhesive but not for porcelain or any tiles for that matter in any circumstances. "Saddlebag Tiling". I will add it to my limited repertoire of tiling wit.

On a similar vein I was asked today to do an "extra" which was to re-do the grout on the floor tiles in the cloakroom. Large country house (a Hall no less), v nice. Tiles were marble and laid upside down as well as having been grouted with silicone. How I wish I'd heard of Saddlebag Tiling this morning :)

K

karlm98

jeez did the guy keep a straight face when he asked you that? did you check for a camera crew? hope you dont let him anywhere near your bathroom after a statement like that!

U

user123

That's the second time this week I have heard of a so-called tiler wanting to stick tiles, mosaic or otherwise, with silicone. Please tell him to go home, if poosible going past the church for confession and past a charity shop to donate his tools...

Reply to Sticking Mosaic tiles with Silicone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen