Discuss Starting point for tiling walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

DIYMARK

TF
Reaction score
I will be using 30 x 60cm tiles on bathroom walls. Guy in the tile shop suggested starting mid point vertical and horizontal, but if batten the mid point its going to be tricky to batten to tile the bottom half?

I am thinking surely its better to mark out and batten second row from floor and then finish by cutting the bottom row?

I

Ian

I'd do as you suggest and batten the second row up and put the cut in afterwards. The other alternative is to strike a line around the room, put your cut in to the floor and then tile up from there.

Reaction score
Guy in shop probably meant work out tiling vertical and horizontal so you don't end up with a small cut at top or bottom and side to side.

J

J Sid

Don't forget, no small cuts over bath and top and bottom of windows, even cuts floor and ceiling do not always work.
Have a look at full tile of top of bath.

Reply to Starting point for tiling walls in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hello all, After years of abuse, the bathroom needed an overhaul from top to bottom. Out...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks