Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Space around shower tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

I’m about to fit a new walk in shower and have stripped the existing bathroom. The room is 1530 wide by 2100mm long. I intend to fit a 1500 wide shower tray at one end of the room, however, I need to deal with the 30mm of extra space. I can make up the extra 30mm in waterproof backerboard around the tray area, however, this is going to leave a visible edge which could be around 25mm once tiles and https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ have been installed.

Would a 25mm edge look bad? Is there anything to cover the edge like a large tile trim edge? Are there any other options other than building out the entire length of the wall by 30mm?

Thanks.

Reply to Space around shower tray in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock