Discuss small job help! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

timlee77

Hi all, ive been tiling for 8 months and have jobs of mostly 10m2 upwards. ive got a 5m2 bath splash/sink/window job on thursday and wondered when you have a job you want to finish in one day what adhesive do you use? premixed ei: bal grip/mapei or a cement based rapid set?? tiles are ceramic!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

timlee77

they have a galss border aswell (not done glass yet!) will ceramic rapid do or will i need a different adhesive. oh and the tile is 6mm and the border is a thicker glass tile so its gonna stand proud of the tile and trim! not a lot i can do i spose? customer bought tiles!!

P

prceramics

might not stand proud if you use a thick trowl for tiles and mossaic trowl for border

T

timlee77

yeah shower over bath and substrate is plaster so ill be priming with sbr

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jay

You may want to think about tanking or waterproofing sounds like this job will take longer ,
you need to find a supplier for your adh and grout then research the product most are on the net pdf style then read and learn the adh which best suites your situation (know there limitations) could tell you what to use but don't know what is available in your area, try to stick to a adh you know (less headache) glass mosaics can be challenging at times they are all different and take time and patients.as for the different thicknesses that is why the customer is getting a tiler in to overcome the problem,tiles should all be level with each other (not a proud border)

hope this helps

Reply to small job help! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks