Search the forum,

Discuss Slate Floor Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

terrycoe1

300x300 slate tiles to cover 24m2 I'm quoting £900- £1000 that's inc grout and adhesive and sealer does this sound about rite for laying slate !??

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably yeah that's about 30 bucks a meter (720) and then your materials. I don't know how much they'd cost these days to be honest but a couple of hundred quid is going to cover it for sure.

T

terrycoe1

sweet cheers always good to get a second opinion when pricing up a new tile first time with slate!:)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's what the forums here for.

You'd probably find the established guys would charge quite a bit more than that usually. But then again the competition is heavy these days so I don't know.

If you manage to do it in a couple of days you'd have made an alright wage. That's the main thing.

T

terrycoe1

Well I'm prob looking at £980 mark as its my first time laying slate I recon pushing 2/half days as I'll prob take my time with them I'll be sealing them before grouting and after

S

Spare Tool

If it's uncalibrated you could spend half a day sorting thicknesses out, all wet cut then half a day sealing, then grout day after..think I'd have booked out a week for the job...still a decent wage for the week though

Reply to Slate Floor Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen