Search the forum,

Discuss site work materials!!???? hmm in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

P'boro tiler

im getting more and more into site work as its more of a laugh

i get 22.50m2 inc materials for ceramics so need to use materials that are cheap but do the job. so what addy's and silicones etc do people use?

i contacted sovereign today and they are sending me a pack of 24 sanitary white silicones for a bit over 30 quid. some grey flexi rapid set for 11 quid and 3 waterproof addy tubs which are about 6 quid each and a copy of bal white star. hopefully the stuff is up to the job and nice to work with.

what do you guys use?

L

Leatherface

Try and steer clear of site work, but when I do it still use mapei adhesives as they are cheap enough where I go : Price war as at least 4 shops in a mile square radius stock it. Use cheap silicone and own brand grout from tile shop ( granfix re packaged)

W

White Room

im getting more and more into site work as its more of a laugh

i get 22.50m2 inc materials for ceramics so need to use materials that are cheap but do the job. so what addy's and silicones etc do people use?

i contacted sovereign today and they are sending me a pack of 24 sanitary white silicones for a bit over 30 quid. some grey flexi rapid set for 11 quid and 3 waterproof addy tubs which are about 6 quid each and a copy of bal white star. hopefully the stuff is up to the job and nice to work with.

what do you guys use?

Is that the Porcel flex for £11+vat

L

LM Ceramics

i to try stay clear of site work now more of a challange on domestics but it can pay well on site i did a care home refurbishment last year earnt a killing on it

T

tileform

I've used Sovereign porcel flex on a few jobs and never had a comeback yet. Sovereign may have a bad rep but i've never had a problem with it

I pay 14quid including VAT for flexi

P

P'boro tiler

why does it have a bad rep?
i think the spf is for porcelain. i'll check when it arrives

T

tileform

Not really a bad rep - a lot of tilers believe there stuff is crap
porcel flex is for porcelain but you can use it for other tiles as well
i've used it for slate - worked really well

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Today I received a Topps Trade price list.
Topfix Rapidset grey 20kg=£6.84
Topfix Rapidset grey flex 20kg=£9.40
BAL greenstar 15kg=£5.70
BAL grip 15kg £15.65

I don't think you can argue with the first three prices. These prices also inc VAT.

You can get all your sponges & gloves etc from the pound shops. Cheers Sean

M

marc1106

Today I received a Topps Trade price list.
Topfix Rapidset grey 20kg=£6.84
Topfix Rapidset grey flex 20kg=£9.40
BAL greenstar 15kg=£5.70
BAL grip 15kg £15.65

I don't think you can argue with the first three prices. These prices also inc VAT.

You can get all your sponges & gloves etc from the pound shops. Cheers Sean

I GOT ONE OF THOSSE TOO, doing a buy now pay March thing aswell, times must be hard.:45:

Reply to site work materials!!???? hmm in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen