Search the forum,

Discuss Sigma wet saws in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sigma UK

If you can make over Reading one day Beanz I could show you a 10m9 cutter?. Let me know if your ever near there. :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

If you can make over to Reading one day Beanz I could show you a 10m9 cutter?. Let me know if your ever near there. :thumbsup:

P

Peter

The big Sigma saws are amazing how you can just fill the water tray and a mist on the blade is enough to cool it, unlike the thirsty Rubi DW250 which drinks a gallon to do a cut.

Few tricks with the Sigmas for lining up a raking cut:

If you lay a rule/straight edge along the side of the blade, line the tile up to this on both sides allowing for blade thickness.

Or another surprisingly accurate way is to line the cut up by eye and turn the saw on. The beak on the water guard sprays water perfectly straight and if the water is hitting your furthest line then your blade will follow the same path.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
If you can make over Reading one day Beanz I could show you a 10m9 cutter?. Let me know if your ever near there. :thumbsup:

I live in Bracknell, so just down the road. Most of my work is out Fleet way at the moment, so getting there during the week could be tricky, unless you're about over Christmas week? I doubt i'll be working all of it.. (secretly hoping for a week off lol).

S

Sigma UK

Next time your around fleet after xmas or anywhere near Hampshire give me a call and I will meet up with you with the machine.

S

Sini21

Hi everyone, it's my first post on here (I have been lurking for a week or two!!). Just wanted to add my two pence worth, we have been using Sigma cutters and saws for 20 years now, have an old model Jolly in the shed which is still called upon when required, it must be over 15 years old now. Two years ago we bought a 9M which is used almost every day, I would sooner set it up then get the grinder out! We also have a 10m but for everyday ease of use the 9M takes up less space in the van and can be carried by one man. The one thing I would say is don't be tempted to skimp on the blades, it's just not worth the hassle. For £30 or £40 extra your able to buy the genuine Sigma blades. Sorry about rattling on but can't convey how important theses machines have been to our business.

S

Sigma UK

Nice one Sini. Sounds like you got pretty much all of them!. I agree with what you say about the 10M. A solid piece of kit that will chomp through anything but it's a heavy bugger to move around. It's mainly motor that weighs it down so the 9m's are much easier to lift and shift. You can still have a 3hp motor inside just a bit easier to move and set up inside.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping some of the tiling tools related threads. This thread might not be current discussion, if it isn't, just ignore this, and it'll soon drop off the list. Don't worry if you bring it back into current discussion yourself though, the content within it could be useful for somebody. So feel free to add to it if you have something valuable to add.

Reply to Sigma wet saws in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen