Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Sigma wet saws in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The DW24000 does rock by the sounds of it. We've had people banging on about it for years.

D

DHTiling

I would love a 10m Sigma.. truly would.. seen one at face value at PHG and it is what dreams are made of. ( tiling wise i add )...:)

The Sigma 9P wet saw is a solid machine and have been using it the past couple days... First impressions are really good.. i love the virtually zero spray from the blade.. no more getting a wet top from spray like other wetsaws can..

I have been cutting 60x30 G5 porcs and the motor handled quite quick cutting as did the blade supplied with the machine... BUT as derek from Sigma has said to me , the next blade up in quality would make it even more quicker ..

So more jobs to use it on and then i will let ya's know what i truly think of it.. but so far it is very positive signs... it does not replace the dewalt but it is deffo a great cutter and priced under what the dewalt costs.. and the one feature that stands out from the dewalt is no side arm to hit when L cutting and you can free length cut no probs at all .

So worth thinking about if the dewalt or 10m series cutters are out of your price bracket..

Last edited by a moderator:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
With these sliding bed cutters, how easy is it to do angled cuts? Do you just bypass the sliding bed, and push them through, or line them up by eye!?!
What's the work around for the side arm on the Dewalt? And are the legs adjustable for uneven ground?

I've got to get a decent cutter in the New Year, just trying to cover all the bases. Could do with a tileshow to check out some demo's hehe!

S

Sigma UK

If you can make over Reading one day Beanz I could show you a 10m9 cutter?. Let me know if your ever near there. :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

If you can make over to Reading one day Beanz I could show you a 10m9 cutter?. Let me know if your ever near there. :thumbsup:

P

Peter

The big Sigma saws are amazing how you can just fill the water tray and a mist on the blade is enough to cool it, unlike the thirsty Rubi DW250 which drinks a gallon to do a cut.

Few tricks with the Sigmas for lining up a raking cut:

If you lay a rule/straight edge along the side of the blade, line the tile up to this on both sides allowing for blade thickness.

Or another surprisingly accurate way is to line the cut up by eye and turn the saw on. The beak on the water guard sprays water perfectly straight and if the water is hitting your furthest line then your blade will follow the same path.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
If you can make over Reading one day Beanz I could show you a 10m9 cutter?. Let me know if your ever near there. :thumbsup:

I live in Bracknell, so just down the road. Most of my work is out Fleet way at the moment, so getting there during the week could be tricky, unless you're about over Christmas week? I doubt i'll be working all of it.. (secretly hoping for a week off lol).

S

Sigma UK

Next time your around fleet after xmas or anywhere near Hampshire give me a call and I will meet up with you with the machine.

S

Sini21

Hi everyone, it's my first post on here (I have been lurking for a week or two!!). Just wanted to add my two pence worth, we have been using Sigma cutters and saws for 20 years now, have an old model Jolly in the shed which is still called upon when required, it must be over 15 years old now. Two years ago we bought a 9M which is used almost every day, I would sooner set it up then get the grinder out! We also have a 10m but for everyday ease of use the 9M takes up less space in the van and can be carried by one man. The one thing I would say is don't be tempted to skimp on the blades, it's just not worth the hassle. For £30 or £40 extra your able to buy the genuine Sigma blades. Sorry about rattling on but can't convey how important theses machines have been to our business.

S

Sigma UK

Nice one Sini. Sounds like you got pretty much all of them!. I agree with what you say about the 10M. A solid piece of kit that will chomp through anything but it's a heavy bugger to move around. It's mainly motor that weighs it down so the 9m's are much easier to lift and shift. You can still have a 3hp motor inside just a bit easier to move and set up inside.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping some of the tiling tools related threads. This thread might not be current discussion, if it isn't, just ignore this, and it'll soon drop off the list. Don't worry if you bring it back into current discussion yourself though, the content within it could be useful for somebody. So feel free to add to it if you have something valuable to add.

Reply to Sigma wet saws in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks