Search the forum,

Discuss Sigma wet saws in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
The 9P is the smallest cutter we do so it won't be winning to many awards. The 10M9 however seems to be the most popular and the spec on it is high.

The 10M9 is definitely out of my price range unfortunately.. :(

I would have a Plasplugs over a Rubi !

I'd definitely have a Plasplugs over the 180BL haha! Probably not over a DW250N though.. Although i'm looking at all the alternatives, as i don't think much of Rubi's quality.

G

Gazzer

The 10M9 is definitely out of my price range unfortunately.. :(

I'd definitely have a Plasplugs over the 180BL haha! Probably not over a DW250N though.. Although i'm looking at all the alternatives, as i don't think much of Rubi's quality.

I had the DW250N and I would still have a plasplugs over it . Couldnt wait to get rid .

S

Sigma UK

The 10M /10M9 are not that expensive if your doing alot of jobs it will pay for itself that's for sure. They come as a complete package with the stand/legs, top end porc blade & top guide rail for cutting long lengths.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I had the DW250N and I would still have a plasplugs over it . Couldnt wait to get rid .

What are you using now? My mate has the DW250, and i've used it quite a few times.. Once i got over the fact that it doesn't cut straight, and you have to line the tile up by eye, and continually move the tile to keep it on the line etc. I quite liked it hahaha!

- - - Updated - - -

Can you get them on HP.....

Probably not with my credit rating lol

D

DHTiling

I would love a 10m Sigma.. truly would.. seen one at face value at PHG and it is what dreams are made of. ( tiling wise i add )...:)

The Sigma 9P wet saw is a solid machine and have been using it the past couple days... First impressions are really good.. i love the virtually zero spray from the blade.. no more getting a wet top from spray like other wetsaws can..

I have been cutting 60x30 G5 porcs and the motor handled quite quick cutting as did the blade supplied with the machine... BUT as derek from Sigma has said to me , the next blade up in quality would make it even more quicker ..

So more jobs to use it on and then i will let ya's know what i truly think of it.. but so far it is very positive signs... it does not replace the dewalt but it is deffo a great cutter and priced under what the dewalt costs.. and the one feature that stands out from the dewalt is no side arm to hit when L cutting and you can free length cut no probs at all .

So worth thinking about if the dewalt or 10m series cutters are out of your price bracket..

Last edited by a moderator:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
With these sliding bed cutters, how easy is it to do angled cuts? Do you just bypass the sliding bed, and push them through, or line them up by eye!?!
What's the work around for the side arm on the Dewalt? And are the legs adjustable for uneven ground?

I've got to get a decent cutter in the New Year, just trying to cover all the bases. Could do with a tileshow to check out some demo's hehe!

Reply to Sigma wet saws in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen