Search the forum,

Discuss Sigma 10 m 9 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

What can the 10m do that the 9p can't?

It is a much bigger machine Bri , it can cut a longer length of tile from the fence without having to remove it ... and is ideal for repetitive cutting..

The motor is also a 3HP on the 10M .. the 9P is a 1HP...

I

Ian

It is a much bigger machine Bri , it can cut a longer length of tile from the fence without having to remove it ... and is ideal for repetitive cutting..

The motor is also a 3HP on the 10M .. the 9P is a 1HP...

Gotcha, so the 10 isn't really ideal for an everyday cutter due to its size.

D

DHTiling

I suppose it depends how strong you are :lol:

The 9P is an every day saw and the 10M is the beast for those large stone floors etc where you want the grunt to make the job easier... it makes the dewalt look like a toy.

I

Ian

I love my dewalt, I like the plunge feature most of all, makes non-straight cuts very accurate. You need to get this trade day organised so I can see what all the fuss is about!

D

DHTiling

I love my dewalt, I like the plunge feature most of all, makes non-straight cuts very accurate. You need to get this trade day organised so I can see what all the fuss is about!

Getting PHG to sort it is like pulling teeth .

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Sigma had a trade night at tile depot but only for dry cutters not so long ago...

According to del all saws will be supplied with 86c blades from now. What a bloody difference mind. Stock blade wants binned forever lol

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I would be interested in a trade eve to see and have a go depending on where it would be. I love my dewalt but i think mitre cuts would be easier on the Sigma. Don't know why just a feeling, not that the dewalt does them bad but sometimes the arm does get in the way.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Can Sigma arrange a trade day.....complete with overnight accommodation for those of us that live a bit to far away. :thumbsup:

I have yet to see any Sigma in the raw :mad2:, let alone have a play.

I

Ian

I would be interested in a trade eve to see and have a go depending on where it would be. I love my dewalt but i think mitre cuts would be easier on the Sigma. Don't know why just a feeling, not that the dewalt does them bad but sometimes the arm does get in the way.

When you do mitre cuts, do you have the blade set at a fixed depth or plunge cut them gradually? If you use the plunge and slide it gives perfect results.

Reply to Sigma 10 m 9 in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen