Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Shower glass pane against skimmed wall and up against tile edge. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Deleted member 59001

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

This forum has been a wealth of knowledge for me while i tackled our new build.

A quick question please regarding wetroom wall tiles and a glass partition.

Where the wall tile meets the glass partition (tile will finish here and not go beyond the glass), do i finish the edge of the tile with a tile trim or not ?

I plan to have the glass (glass support rail to be exact) fixed to the wall and butting up to the edge of the tile.

Glass is AYO 8mm 1600mm (length)
Will be fitted after the tile (in case anyone is wondering)

Thank you

Hobnob

-
Reaction score
I’d say it is personal choice.
If the tile edges are visible then a tile trim would be the neat solution, however with your design, the glass support channel will act to hide the tile edge so trim is kind of superfluous.

Hobnob

-
Reaction score
One second thought though…
Presumably the tile edge will extend beyond the glass support channel and will therefore be visible above the glass screen? You could finish the edge with a skim of grout or tile trim? Personal choice again, I guess 🤣

OP
D

Deleted member 59001

I’d say it is personal choice.
If the tile edges are visible then a tile trim would be the neat solution, however with your design, the glass support channel will act to hide the tile edge so trim is kind of superfluous.

Thanks for your reply.

Am i missing anything as regards having a watertight seal ?

Guidlines are to only silicone on the outer side of the shower panel.

I see that most panels have tile protruding past the panel for at least a couple inches.

Am i letting water soak around it into the skimmed wall ?

Hobnob

-
Reaction score
Normal practice is to mount the glass channel onto the tiles, which is why you would see tiles protruding past the screen.
Your design should be okay but you will have to seal to the inside edge of the screen.

OP
D

Deleted member 59001

Great, thank you for your input.

Going to make a start now tonight.

Here goes nothing 😂

Reply to Shower glass pane against skimmed wall and up against tile edge. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock