Search the forum,

Discuss Shaving Down doors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Just thought i would start off this thread, thought it might be usefull for the new tilers, How much to take off a door, shave it down and replace, I would charge about £25/ £30

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Just thought i would start off this thread, thought it might be usefull for the new tilers, How much to take off a door, shave it down and replace, I would charge about £25/ £30

Hi Darren, firstly, thanks for the course ( finished yesterday ) secondly, have you got the name and possibly a link to the electric saw that you mentioned for this job.

Thanks in advance :)

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi Alan,
Its called the Karlton door trimmer, not sure if you can still get them as they are a bit pricey, if you type it in to google, you can get some links there
Darren

P

Paul Sh

Done my bathroom door the other day. i used a circular saw and stopped just before the end so as not to split it, then took the rest off with a hand saw didn't even take 5mins.

L

laurami tiling

i use a riobi electric planer i got from b&q which since i had a load of other stuff to go through till never charged me for :angel_smile: so got a £80 planer for nowt lol
i luv b&q sooooo much

tony

and no i dont feel guilty:wink_smile:

G

GazTech

GAZTIP. Before removing door to tile,place a pencil mark on door and one on casing/architrave,after tiling measure from tile to architrave mark,allow 5mm, mark on the door and plane.Always plane from ends to middle.:wink_smile:

T

tony TLC

a little warning for door choppers most older doors dont have a lot of wood (framework)to cut if you do go through just insert a fillet of timber, 40mm is plenty where you have lost the old one and stick an pin in place
works a treat on cheap doors:coffee:

E

Elliott

Yeah B&Q are great, they nearly allways only charge me for the cuts and not for the wood itself. I love them too.

E

Elliott

I've found the majority of doors I have cut are not square so i keep the cutting parallel to the bottom of the door and don't square it up.

B

brian c

good tips lads,doing a job today and had to take door off,cut it with handsaw and planed with lecy planer.Door was one which had pins in hinges,doddle to take off.

Reply to Shaving Down doors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen