Search the forum,

Discuss Setting out, help please ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

J.D

Hi, first post to this forum. I am about to lay 80m2 of unfilled tumbled travertine floor tiles. They will run through 4 rooms kitchen, utility, hall and loo. They are in crates 33.17 m2 in 4 different sizes, 200x200, 200x400, 400x400 and 400x600. I have checked and leveled where needed the floors (all screeded). I am reasonably happy about laying and grouting, im a brickie by trade (not that thats much use ) and have layed limestone flooring before but only in one size. that is where i am stuck i have not layed a random pattern in 4 sizes and am scratching my head as how best to sett it out and where to lay the first tiles. Also once started should i use a completly random pattern trying to use all sizes, or a repeating random patern (if so any sugestions with the 4 sizes?). Help and advice most welcome as dont want to mess it up before ive started ! Oh and does everyone agree 3mm spacing best for these style of tile. Thanks.

C

CTD Marie

Hi there we have a range of travertine that is called french pattern and comes in various sizes.

Please see the attached as the kind of pattern.

Soory its a little dark.

Attachments

• 20080515164514435.pdf
    61 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by a moderator:
T

Turkish

:1eye: Hate to say so Marie but i still can`t see it???

Turkish

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CTD Marie

Its on the first reply sorry having one of those days and 2 minutes to home time.

J

J.D

Thanks. Think ive got my head round it. Basicly i am using a roman opus layout using the smallest tile ie 200 x 200 as the basis for setting out to avoid small cuts . cheers !

J

J.D

Thanks. Great forum V helpfull . Going to chill with a beer now and dive in tommorrow. will let you know how it goes ! may well be back if things dont go to plan !! Thanks again. :grin:

Reply to Setting out, help please ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen