Search the forum,

Discuss setting out diamond floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

saintdom

having nightmares already about a job i start monday, my first large (ish) diamond pattern floor in a hexagonal shape.
Im good with the centre lines and working out my cuts but realise that datum lines will help alot, the oly diamond floor i have done previous was 3 sq m and was a doddle too keep my lines but am a bit wary of this one. how many lines do you guys draw too help you.

i was going to start in the mid point of doorway and work to the left and out doing cuts as i go.

any tips of you guys would be great. think i might be panicing for nowt but want it too look great obviously:thumbsup:

W

wetdec

Take your centre point then drop a tile in 1 point on each line, get another tile spin it corner to corner from a vertical and horizontal tile corner out towards the walls. You will now be able to see the cuts you are ending with.

If these cuts are not good then move your line half a tile one way, doing this should sort your edges.

Now lay the centre........ then put the tiles where your angles will start down dry (spaced) draw your angles in then cut on your lines.

that should work if you understand it.

tiler

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to setting out diamond floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen