Search the forum,

Discuss Self-leveling compound **ON TOP** of Marmox boards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Latipanu

Hello

I am new to the forum and would appreciate some expert advice.

The question is: Is there some kind of self-leveling compound that can be used ON TOP of Marmox boards.

Having just knocked down a dividing wall, I find that one floor (already insulated with Marmox) is LOWER than the other side.

I need to add between 2.5 and 4 cm to the Marmox side to sort out the problem.

Ideally, I would like to embed heating mats above the Marmox, so I wonder if there is a product that could be used quite liberally to embed the heating mats **and** sort out the floor level problem.

Advice on product types, even specific brand names, would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

DB

L

Latipanu

Thanks, Andy

Is there a minimum thickness to ago with the 50 mm maximum? I'm aiming to blend out the difference in height.

Really appreciate your advice and the quick response!

Cheers

DB

Weber floor flex.....it is flexible can be used on top of marmox boards and ufh and can go to a depth of 50mm...:thumbsup:

S

Stef

Fit a heat mat & then self level over the top of the wires then tile.
Weber floor flex is good but if you can get it I would opt for Mapei renovation screed as it flows nicer & finds it's level easier.

T

TJ Smiler

I always use 'Weber floor flex' or 'Ultra level it one' both easy to work with and both go to 50mm in one hit.................. Just out of interest Ultra now do one that can go to 75mm in one hit :yikes:

L

Latipanu

Hi Andy

Thank you for your reply. Is there a MINIMUM thickness to go with the 50 mm thickness?

Really appreciate the fact that you took the time to reply.

Cheers

DB

Weber floor flex.....it is flexible can be used on top of marmox boards and ufh and can go to a depth of 50mm...:thumbsup:

L

Latipanu

Thank you, Stef

I've been doing some measurements, and I think the difference in floor level is about 2.5 cm. Googled the Mapei product and it goes up to 30 mm.

Would the Mapei product be suitable for embedding the heat mat *AND* making good the difference in floor levels?

Cheers

Fit a heat mat & then self level over the top of the wires then tile.
Weber floor flex is good but if you can get it I would opt for Mapei renovation screed as it flows nicer & finds it's level easier.

L

Latipanu

Thanks for your advice. Very much appreciated!

Have you ever applied either of these products on top of Marmox boards? My concern is that the self-level compound might not hold in the thinner areas (as I try to blend out the difference in floor levels).

Better to apply a minimum of, say, 10 mm in the "high" areas and then build up to 30 mm, or can I apply zero on the high areas, and then just let the compound do its magic?

A novice's question, I know.

Cheers

DB

I always use 'Weber floor flex' or 'Ultra level it one' both easy to work with and both go to 50mm in one hit.................. Just out of interest Ultra now do one that can go to 75mm in one hit :yikes:

S

Stef

I just noticed that you wrote 2.5-4cm, I thought it was mm, sorry.
You could add another layer of Marmox on top of the existing boards, just make sure they are glued & screwed with appropriate washers.
Weber floor flex is minimum 10mm over wooden substrate.
Renovation screed goes down to 3mm.

Reply to Self-leveling compound **ON TOP** of Marmox boards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen