Search the forum,

Discuss Screen for wet room shower area in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
We have created a small wet room with a pebble-floor on a marmox tray then extending across the rest of the floor.
There's no urgent need, but we think that it might be good to install a movable screen to limit the spread of water from the shower to mainly the tray area. Can we install a folding / swung framed or unframed shower screen as a half height "salon door" - the kind of screen you normally put on the side of the bath with a seal at the bottom?
There is no need to meet / seal either the ceiling or the floor - just to limit the majority of spray.
I was wondering about safety, using a bath screen for an unintended purpose, framed or unframed and the best thickness.
Or is there a solution ready available?

Thanks!

Q

Qwerty

There are hinged wet room screens available but can be very pricey!
IMO using a bath screen will look odd and detract from the minimalist wet room look
I hope the mosaic is on a showerstone tray?

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

this is standard stuff now days fixed screen 600mm 300 deflector 360 movement on deflector 700 800 900 fixed and so on so many dreamers with wet rooms who cant deal with a wet toilet roll. soaking tails wet toilet seat and so on .it looks good in the mag the wife loved it but has not stopped moaning
since.

Reply to Screen for wet room shower area in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen