Search the forum,

Discuss Review : Sigma 3bk tile cutter. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I actually prefer the klick klock handle... but find both ok to get used to.

I need to do a few more jobs with mine before I can review it, problem is with it being a 90cm cutter, it won't get used that often. I'll perhaps give it a blast on some 60x60s.

I

Ian

Whats the problem ?

Just some cuts tailing off and a couple of cuts that have chunks come off under the breaker, only used it on an 800x800 so far so not really enough to work out if it's the tile or my method, really need to do a bit more of a variety of tiles and also try a few different techniques. 90% of the time it's fine but, I'm struggling a bit with it at the mo. I will persevere!

D

DHTiling

When you break the tile Bri, the foot needs to be around 10mm to 15mm in from the measure bar... so 10mm to 15mm into the tile for maximum performance..

P

Peter

Good review Dave :hurray:

The 90cm is quite a beast for your first Sigma Bri, especially if you were learning on an 800 tile. Best trying with 300s and 600s first to develop your technique as one thing about the Sigma is that it's only effective if you're using it the right way. A lot of tiles react different so you learn what sort of pressure/height/break it needs. Dunno how the TX compares in that regard.

Interesting that you seem to cut with the "big cut" to the right Dave. It's in the Sigma Unwritten Rule Book to keep the big bit to the left. No idea why, think it's from the previous style diagonal machines where you had a full bed on the left and a smaller bed on the right.

Reply to Review : Sigma 3bk tile cutter. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen