Search the forum,

Discuss Review: Rubi ND180 BL electric tile cutter.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

David - Tradetiler

Re: Review : Rubi ND180 BL electric tile cutter..

If it's under 2 years old, therefore in warrantee, Rubi will give you a new motor FOC

G

Grace'sDad

Thanks for the review - I need a new small cutter anytime soon and I have 2 questions: Does the lack of a fully enclosed tray mean it sprays a bit/ a lot underneath and is the guard as easy to remove for plunge cuts as you make out?

Cheers!

D

DHTiling

Thanks for the review - I need a new small cutter anytime soon and I have 2 questions:
Does the lack of a fully enclosed tray mean it sprays a bit/
a lot underneath and
is the guard as easy to remove for plunge cuts as you make out?
Cheers!

I didn't notice any excessive water spray.....and yes the guard comes off very easy...2 screws .. quarter turn each and the guard slides out..and back in and re-tighten...

H

Highlander

Is Dave at Tradetiler getting them in stock??

Could do with a wee saw have the Bricolina fancy a change :thumbsup:

D

David - Tradetiler

I can get them to order if you like

Reaction score

reeett..still a better cutter than a plasplug though...:thumbsup:

Is it though??

Yes it's Rubi and yes that gets you a super dooper gaurantee :hurray: (not sure what plasplugs gaurantee is..) BUT.... is it better??

Has anyone got a Plasplugs Master machine that could comment?

I am thinking of a new small wet cutter and have looked at both the Plasplugs Master and the Rubi 180BL and can't make my mind up - B&Q hasthe plasplugs one in for 80quid :8:

I've got a large Rubi bridge saw and not had much bother but the 180BL just looks like a cheapo machine with a rubi sticker on.....

D

DHTiling

what good is your plasplug guarantee...they have shut shop according to the news...

A

atlantistiling

Not so sure about rubi electric cutters, their snap cutters are in a leugue of their own but i dont think the price for their power range reflects the quality as much

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Review: Rubi ND180 BL electric tile cutter.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen