Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss IQ dry tile cutter any good ? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Good Morning,new member here, been in the game 25 years, but never too old to learn stuff.

I had no idea about this cutter, I can't find any independent reviews, I went to order it yesterday from PTT and they are out of stock, the other place that stocks it are also out of stock, but do have a ex-demo unit, they are giving me a price on Monday, would need to be a good discount if I was to have that.
I've been thinking about it overnight and need to do some more research to see if it's worth the cash.

I have the Dewalt, this is a great cutter, but I have only used it on 2 jobs in the summer, its just so big and heavy and its struggle just to load it in the van, so I have decided to sell that and look at something else.

Also want something we can use inside, at the minute we have the little Briccolina which is fine for most jobs, I just wanted something with a bit more power and a bigger wheel as not so many wheels we can use on that cutter, I did try a expensive one which chipped really bad, but very limited on this wheel and bore size.

I then tried the Rubi cutter, but too much water would drip off the bed, I then tried the Plastiplugs cutter as thought the water can't escape the bed with all the grooves, it did keep the water in but then the bed was a nightmare to clean with all bits of tiles getting stuck in the grooves.

So anyway I like the look of this cutter, but need to hear from somebody that is using it and not somebody that has been sent one free of charge to say its great :)

Many Thanks

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
It looks better for dry cutting than the Dewalt, my reservation with this type of cutter is the support arm limits the width of cut. Also wonder how much the accessories are. ?
I have a Sigma 9p. Very good saw , have you looked at those.

OP
R
Reaction score
It looks better for dry cutting than the Dewalt, my reservation with this type of cutter is the support arm limits the width of cut. Also wonder how much the accessories are. ?
I have a Sigma 9p. Very good saw , have you looked at those.
Thanks for the info, I have not seen the Sigma 9p anywhere, is it a old saw now as can only find some old utube videos of it, but it does look like a good cutter and something I would go for.
Does anywhere still sell them, can only see the 8LF and 8LG for sale now.
Many Thanks

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I have not seen the Sigma 9p anywhere, is it a old saw now as can only find some old utube videos of it, but it does look like a good cutter and something I would go for.
Does anywhere still sell them, can only see the 8LF and 8LG for sale now.
Many Thanks
Very powerful saw , i combined mine with a DNA blade. The beak on the guard prevents getting wet. I’m sure PTT can order you one in.
i have the 10m9 wetsaw as well and that is a beast of a saw but is heavy. But it does break down into 2 parts for lifting. Just the 9p is a lot lighter for general use.

OP
R
Reaction score
Very powerful saw , i combined mine with a DNA blade. The beak on the guard prevents getting wet. I’m sure PTT can order you one in.
i have the 10m9 wetsaw as well and that is a beast of a saw but is heavy. But it does break down into 2 parts for lifting. Just the 9p is a lot lighter for general use.
Morning, looks like those cutters have long gone, nobody can get them now as discontinued and have been replaced with those ones where you just strap a grinder on !
I have no idea what they would be like, its basically a ÂŁ700 stand with a straight edge ?
It could be a good bit of kit, but its too new and cant see any reviews about it.

https://www.*******************/product/sigma-8lf-combiflex-wet---dry-115-125mm-table-saw-91cm

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Morning, looks like those cutters have long gone, nobody can get them now as discontinued and have been replaced with those ones where you just strap a grinder on !
I have no idea what they would be like, its basically a ÂŁ700 stand with a straight edge ?
It could be a good bit of kit, but its too new and cant see any reviews about it.

https://www.*******************/product/sigma-8lf-combiflex-wet---dry-115-125mm-table-saw-91cm
That’s a shame. Is the 10m9 too big for you.
How much is that IQ cutter. ?

Reaction score
Hey Robert, did you ever find a suitable saw? I’ve been on a long hunt for the perfect low profile dry cut-well rounded set up. IQ is coming out with dry table saw here in a few weeks for $600. I’ve hunted far and wide for the perfect grinder dust shroud/ rail set up and found the festool DSC AG-125 fh with dust extractor, montolit tutor cut training wheels(for applications when the shroud needs to go 125 CGX blade and a clamp on adjustable straight edge.(they male a more cumbersome FS rail compatible shroud as well. Paired with the right size snapper for the format and it’s all I need. No more water, far less holes in the belly of my shirt or pants from drying tiles or freezing hands or 6 miles of saw trips. I have my little rolling work table as close as possible for 95% of my cuts. Anyway sorry for the novel, or getting off topic but i just can’t be more pleased with this set up and wanted share it. I feel very foolish thinking about those cumbersome anchors I muscled around with freezing hands for 15years. Diamond cutting system DSC-AG 125 FH-Plus - https://www.sautershop.com/diamond-cutting-system-dsc-ag-125-fh-plus-f-769954

Reply to IQ dry tile cutter any good ? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock