Discuss Which Wet Tile Cutter? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
my trusty old wickes wet tile cutter never got returned last time i lent it out.
but only cost me £30ish iirc...and was over 15 years old...
it was far from perfect, but did a job.

as i've still got a fair bit of DIY tiling in front of me :D
i'd like something a little better at the job where the table doesn't bend easily and you can see the blade to make accurate clean, free hand cuts.

i've looked at cheap versions of what i had before in screwfix @£35 but they look to have a lot of shortcomings.
and i've also looked at a rubi ND180 or vitrex 750 pro for around £100
any advise on what type is best for a budget upto £100ish?

Reaction score
Its all about the blade so grab the cheapest then get a decent blade if if you can.
thanks, :)
i'll probably not go for the absolute cheapest,
the wickes one was ok but the blade tended to wobble a bit, the fence was all but useless and table would bend easily. not to mention spit water everywhere :D

so will probably get the rubi or vitrex and then see what blades i can get for them.
whats classed as a decent blade...
something like this marcrist turbo rim?...

the vitrex lit says the blade carrier is reversable to go from 16mm to 22mm so that should fit?

faceman

TF
Arms
Reaction score
what Dan says is bang on. The vitrex 750 is a good machine when you fit a quality blade. Has a good size bed also which catches and returns a lot of water which make it a decent machine inside someone’s home. I bought an erbaur last time from screw fix and that’s been decent also.

Reaction score
what Dan says is bang on. The vitrex 750 is a good machine when you fit a quality blade. Has a good size bed also which catches and returns a lot of water which make it a decent machine inside someone’s home. I bought an erbaur last time from screw fix and that’s been decent also.
Thanks,
I've had a look at the erbaur one too but found a couple of older threads here recommending the vitrex.
The rubi one looks reasonable for that style of cutter, with a better table and blade?
But too similar to the cheap one i had that sprays water, and end up dumping the trays contents on the floor when emptying lol! :D

Reaction score

i'm not sure if the 750 pro has an adaptor from 16mm to allow it to use 22.2mm bore blades.
bit of conflicting advise from the makers web site and amazon reviews...

but i found a 16mm to 22.2 bore adaptor here at protiler tools:
https://www.*******************/product/bore-reducing-ring-22-2mm-down-to-16-0mm/45658

so i assume that would work with this marcrist 850 180 x 22/25.4 blade?

Reaction score
well got the vitrex tile cutter today along with a marcrist blade and everything else i needed.
the 'bits and bob's' cost more than the tiles lol! :oops:

and yes it does take both 16mm and 22.2mm discs by reversing the carrier...

20200903_132844.jpg
20200903_133006.jpg

Reply to Which Wet Tile Cutter? in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks