Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Wet Cutter Machine Advice in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

etaf

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I searched but did not find an answer.
I been advised to get a wet tile cutter, I plan to cut 10x30cm ceramic tiles , maybe about 40 tiles will need cutting, to go up against a vanity unit and the door frame , and 1 set across the back of the room, so a mitre would be good for those tiles I guess

A lot of the reviews of the cheaper machines seem to be really poor quality , screwfix do 1 for just £34

I did cut some porcelain tiles with my grinder , for a floor , but all the edges were hidden
This time its in a cloakroom and will be seen.
I have been recommended to use a ATSDiamond blade , so will probably change the blade supplied in the machine as these maybe the cause of the poor reviews, But see lots of comments that they dont cut straight, dont switch on, cover you in water , only lasted a few tiles

Anyway
I was thinking of perhaps getting the topps tile 650w at £91 , which is a lot for just 1 job, but then its a tool i may use later or with my kids in the future or but on ebay/gumtree and resell after the job.
it uses a 180mm blade, which seems to give more choice then the 110mm blades

I looked at screwfix , toolstation, amazon etc and just didn't see anything that stood out as OK

SO i joined here to see if anyone has experience of the cheap models

lookforward to comments

Reaction score
Just use a score/snap cutter and a diamond pad to smooth the edges, they should be siliconed anyway when butting up against a door frame and vanity unit.

OP
etaf

etaf

-
Reaction score
thank for taking the time to reply.
The metro tiles are beveled, and i tried a score & break with a tool i already from sometime ago, but not very successfully, difficult to score on the bevel while straight.
I'll have to look into hat type of tool, i only have

tile.jpg

Reaction score
The Rubi Practic 60 is only £42 from screwfix, you should have no issue getting a straight cut with that, also get a diamond pad from Pro Tilers tools and you away ...

Reply to Wet Cutter Machine Advice in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock