Discuss Differences in these manual cutters in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Sam10

-
Reaction score
Hi guys, been a keen reader of the forum for a few weeks now. Getting ready for a DIY bathroom attempt.

I have roughly 20m2 of floor/wall to do in the same tile, 8mm porcelain 450 x 450. I was intending to do the straight cuts on a manual cutter and any tricky bits using a decent blade on a grinder.

I've been looking at the Big Clinker cutters being sold by screwfix and toolstation, both seem slightly different, possibly the screwfix one is a newer version? Around the 100 quid mark. But also notice bnq selling a Qep 630mm cutter for £40 - it basically appears the same as the big clinker, I'm assuming it's not simply for the massively differing price but any opinions on these three? (I'm not sure external links are allowed)

I realise these cutters are at the budget end of things, but it will be the last tiling job I do for a while so looking to keep costs reasonable, but at the same time don't want to make things any harder than needed so am willing to pay more for an easier job.

I have considered just a decent diamond blade on a grinder with a straight edge and forget the cutter altogether.

Sorry for the long winded post. Any advice would be great. Will hopefully post some job progress pics in the next week or two depending how the job goes 😨

Cheers

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The clinkers are ok for the money. You will get a better cut with a scribe cutter and straight cuts than using your grinder for every cut.
Have you tried ebay , you might find a decent price for a rubi cutter etc.

Sam10

-
Reaction score
I have had a brief look on ebay a couple of times recently, seems some good used items out there. So many models of Rubi cutters it's hard to know what to look for.

Reply to Differences in these manual cutters in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks