Discuss Removing floor tiles from cement boards ? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

2020Tiling

anyone had the pleasure of removing ceramic floor tiles that have been layed onto cement boards ? customer wants her 2 year old 600 by 600 ceramic floor tiles removed and retiled with trav and mosaics shower area instead of a shower tray !. approx 10mtrs total . any tips ? :lol:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
more chance of plaiting fog than getting them apart. Replace the boards as well

2020Tiling

Oh Bugger !! i thought you lot would have a secret tilers solution that would disolved the spf into butter ? ha ha . so iam guessing this is going to be a massive refit down to the joists then as cement boards are over chipboard and chipboard isnt realy worthy of saving is it ! :thumbsup:

R

russ1980

If the boards have been put down with adhesive and then screwed your in for a good day you'll have arms like popeye.:thumbsup:

Reply to Removing floor tiles from cement boards ? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay